connecting computer to monitor and tv at same time

athenrye 21:33 10 Apr 07

hi
i have a xp computer and 172 monitor that is reaosnbly new and not bad spec

i have just bought a 32" hdtv that sits next to it. i have had it conected to the tv and it works well with the vga port

but would i be able to have both of them connected at the same time, is there a spliter type cable?

im not to bothered really about having both displays showing different applications, (unless that options cheap as well) but it would be nice to save me swicthing cables between displays

cheers
will

woodchip 21:51 10 Apr 07

You need a graphics card like I just got that as VGA and a DVI output. I am on a 32" LCD TV at the moment typing this. Using both will only act like a dual monitor in that you drage things from the Default Desktop onto the other to work on. You will only see the Normal desktop on one monitor, although icons can be put on both

athenrye 21:55 10 Apr 07

so no splitter cable then?
will

woodchip 22:06 10 Apr 07

no

wjrt 22:32 10 Apr 07
  wjrt 22:37 10 Apr 07
  woodchip 22:42 10 Apr 07

IT would be no benefit if both Desktops are identical

woodchip 22:51 10 Apr 07

The above equipment is so you can use the monitors as extra displays, and you can only have effective use of one monitor. Where a Graphics card with the two outputs gives you a Dual Display where both Monitors can have different things open on them

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…