connecting cassette player to computer

User-271645 12:00 08 Mar 03

Is it possible to connect a cassette recorder to a computer then use a recording software to record from it ?
If so which leads , which ports etc

Duggy60 12:33 08 Mar 03

Yes.
Connect the line out from your cassette player or the line out on your amplifier to the audio IN on your soundcard. A standard phono left and right from the source player a standard mini jack to connect to your PC. I use the same to convert cassettes and vinyl to CD's and the quality is not too bad.

Totally-braindead 12:57 08 Mar 03

I've done this as well, I used Easy Cd Creator as the program and it works well.

pj123 14:56 08 Mar 03

Both the above give good advice. But if you don't have a line out on your cassette player use the headphone socket. I use a programme called LP recorder to record to hard disk and another programme called LP Ripper to split the file back to separate tracks. Both these programmes available from click here

Once you have what you want use any CD burning software to make an Audio CD. I use Nero Burn.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…