Connecting Camcorder to PC

cruiser2 17:11 02 Oct 09

I have a Sony DCR-PC6E camcorder. I want to transfer the scenes I have taken at a wedding onto my computer so that I can edit them and then write them onto a DVD. I have Windows Vista with an ASUS P5QL/EPU motherboard, and an ATI Radeon HD3870 graphics card and 4GB DDR RAM.
What cables and programmes will I need and how will I connect the cables?
Many thanks for any help.

woodchip 17:20 02 Oct 09

It depends on the Camcorder out Sockets on how you can connect and if Software supports the Output. I have a JVC and do not have a Problem as it Firewire USB S-Video or AV to TV or PC MovieMaker may work with yours it Free MS Video Software it says XP but cannot see why it should not work with Vista.
click here
I use Pinnacle it supports USB anf Firewire

Technotiger 17:36 02 Oct 09

If you have not already got this on your PC ...

click here

chub_tor 19:22 02 Oct 09

click here is the Sony guide to transferring from a movie camera to a PC. I have looked at the on line Manual for your camera and it seems as if firewire is an optio and you may not have it fitted, however the Sony guide in the link tells you what software you will need to install for USB streaming.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…