Connecting to broadband

tiscalitrev 09:55 22 Jun 06

Hi, this may be a numpty question but here it is.
When I connect to my BB on windows the connection device dials '0'.Does this actually do anything in the tele exchange? The reason for asking is that I am trying to get Linux to connect to my broadband and nowhere does it ask me to dial 0. Thanks,Trev.

strech 09:57 22 Jun 06

you have dial up on broadband

johnnyrocker 09:58 22 Jun 06

try tools/internet options connections and try a tick in never dial a connection apply and ok then re boot.

johnny.

spuds 10:02 22 Jun 06

If the modem was supplied by Tiscali (your username?) and you followed their instructions or used the supplied installation disk, then inserting dial '0' or nearly anything will make connection. Don't know anything about connecting via Linux though, as I use Microsoft/IE/Firefox/Opera.

tiscalitrev 10:11 22 Jun 06

Thanks for prompt replies. Yes my BB is tiscali and I set it up using the supplied CD. I have no probs connecting on windows, it is just that to connect via IE the connection box dials 0, is that not the case on other ISP's?
I suspect it does not do anything important but I am not sure.

Stuartli 13:05 22 Jun 06

The number listed in the phone number section of the Connections tab for an ISP (in the majority of cases for the UK) should be:

Stuartli 13:05 22 Jun 06

The number listed in the phone number section of the Connections tab for an ISP (in the majority of cases for the UK) should be:

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…