connecting 4 cd drives

assassin37 15:59 02 Feb 03

Can anyone tell me how I can get all 4 cd rom drives to work on my computer and be recognised by windows xp

PSF 16:22 02 Feb 03

You will need to add a controller card in one of your PCI slots.

click here This is one from Watford Electronics. Spec below.

'Satisfy your system's need for speed by adding four ports with data transfer rates up to 133 MB/sec. Working with your existing motherboard, this PCI card enables you to connect up to four additional IDE devices to your system including hard drives, CD-ROMs, tape back-ups, and most other UDMA 133/100/66/33 or ATAPI devices. The "auto-identity" feature provides instant recognition for fast and hassle-free set-up. Advanced CRC error correction improves high-speed data transfers, and dual independent channel PCI IDE bus master controllers offer years of reliable data throughput. To install, simply plug your card into an empty PCI slot and follow the steps in the user-friendly installation guide.'

bremner 16:33 02 Feb 03

4 CD Rom drives!!! ???

PSF 16:35 02 Feb 03

That's what I thought,!!! :-)

Stuartli 16:38 02 Feb 03

My system only has three bays available...:-)

Do you listen to four CDs at once or download four programs at a time or...........

AMD 4 ever 16:52 02 Feb 03

or maybe he is creating a cd duplicating machine?
Other than cdrw,dvdrw what else would you need x4 optical drives for...iam intruged?

PSF 19:16 02 Feb 03

Was this any help, we are intrigued as to why you would have 4 cd drives????

€dstow 08:53 03 Feb 03

There was a request like htis a few months ago. It turned out that the questioner wanted to copy a fairly large number of disks to promote his band and multi CD writers were much cheaper than a dedicated duplicator.

TBH1 12:44 03 Feb 03

or maybe he is simply setting up a server with multi-clients who need access to more than one CD.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…