Connecting 2 PC's wireless to broadband

murgle 20:07 22 Jan 05

We have just bought 2 pc's, one in the lounge and the other in a bedroom. I would like to connect both PC's to broadband without having to run any cables. The main BT socket comes in to the lounge and the first PC is right next to it. Can anybody please recommend the best and cheapest was of connecting both computers to broadband. We don't particularly want to network the computers or share any files.

Many thanks

JonnyTub 20:09 22 Jan 05

An acces point plugged into moded and two wireless cards for each pc, belkin tend to be the cheapest for these sort of things

JonnyTub 20:09 22 Jan 05

ahem, modem

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 21:43 22 Jan 05

click here

fredyflame 22:20 22 Jan 05

2 wireless cards- you do not need an access point just network using xp and broadband connection to pc nearest socket Zone alarm help forum has a step by step guide

xoc 22:25 22 Jan 05

What a fantastic link!!
Well done and many thanks!!

fredyflame 22:29 22 Jan 05

that link is for win 98 is it not?

JonnyTub 11:36 23 Jan 05

no access point means one pc has to be switched on for the other to have internet access, don't see the point, as murgle has stated, he's not that bothered about networking them together, so i stand my my origonal advice, an access point and two wireless pci cards.

JonnyTub 11:48 23 Jan 05

and about £75 all in from ebuyer

georgemac 12:07 23 Jan 05

click here a wireless router plugged into the phone socket, and to the computer by the socket with the supplied network cable.

2 pc would have the free usb dongle plugged in allowing it to connect wirelessly to the router.

1. No need to open up pc's to install anything

2. Router has hardware firewall included.

3. Only router needs to be on to allow 2nd pc to access the internet

4. gives the option of networking in the future if required, and if you ever get a alptop it can connect wirelessly through the router from anywhere in the house.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…