connecting 2 PCs via a USB cable

ProblemSolver 15:24 25 Feb 04

PC Advisor Colleagues,

Can you help me with the following problem, please?
I want to connect my Packard Bell Laptop, running Windows XP,, to my Desktop PC, which is running Windows 98 SE.
I bought a File Sync Kit, which has a 15-hole, female connection, at both ends, of the connecting cable.
My Laptop also has a 15-hole, female connection, plus 4-USB ports. I read, somewhere, that two PCs can be connected, using a USB cable.
Can I connect my 2 PCs, using a USB cable, from from a freecom CD-read/write, Removable Disc unit?
(Writing on this USB cable provides the following information;- W119932-J, AWM2725, 80oC 30V
VW-1 copartner).
Or, is it possible to buy a cable adapter, with a male connection, at one end?
Any help greatly appreciated.

ProblemSolver

DieSse 15:31 25 Feb 04

To link two systems via USB, you need a kit with a special cable (which has some electronics in the middle, and swaps over the data in and data out wires) - plus some file-sharing software.

Thgese kits are inexpensive and readily available.

You cannot use standard USB cables in any way shape or form.

Big Elf 18:14 25 Feb 04

If you email me with your address I'll try and find the USB network cable and drivers I no longer use and post them on to you. It may take a couple of days to track them down though.

Big Elf 10:07 04 Mar 04

Just wondering if you had received the cable?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…