connecting 2 computers to share the internet

zincy 00:52 27 Jun 04

hello all

i am trying to connect 2 computers to the internet. The o/s that connects directly to the broadband is xp home using USB. The other o/s is xp pro, which uses a ethernet cable to connect to the main computer for internet. Do I need a route, to connect use 2 computers? or is there something i'm doing wrong?

dfghjkl 03:14 27 Jun 04

i am not sure that you can mix usb and ethernet,if you are not using a router you will need 2 ethernet sockets on your pc.i tried it once but i had problems so i went out and bought a much easier

pmjd 11:27 27 Jun 04

I would suggest putting the broadband connection on the XP Pro computer and sharing the connection from that to the XP Home computer with a network cable.

XP Pro is more geared for network connections and sharing than XP Home is.

Just as a quick check, is your connection between the two computers fine? Can they see one another and/or swap files?

zincy 11:32 27 Jun 04

no it's not, they cannot see each another. But i think i found my problem. I not got a network cable, i got the wrong one!! ><

thank u so much for the help ^^

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…