Connecting 2 computers to one Printer

753Df 19:24 14 Sep 09

I have a Lexmark X9575 which is presently connect via a wireless connection to me portable, however I would like to connect the printer to my main computer, How can I acheive this? Can I connect one with a USB cable and one wireless? If I have to connect the main one with a wirless connection what di I need to purchase please advice.

Flipper(2) 22:53 14 Sep 09

I assume that your two machines are connected together through a router.
Open the printers folder on the portable, right click on the lexmark, select sharing, click on share this printer, click ok.
On your main machine open printers folder, click on add printer wizard, click next, select second option, a network printer or a printer attached to another computer, click next, click browse for a printer, click next,the printer on the mobile should appear in a box, click on that, click next, printer should install, job done.
Now when you cclick on the print option on the main computer the printer on the mobile should appear in the list of available printers.
If this does not solve your problem, please reply with more information, and an alternative solution can be suggested.

I have a similar problem as 753Df. I have a printer directly connected to a pc and want to be able to print from a laptop. I have a router connecting the computers to the internet and this all works fine. I disabled both firewalls and tried the method suggested bt Flipper(2). When I browsed for the printed I got a dialogue box asking for the name of the printer, but when I put this in received an error message, 'windows cannot connect to the printer. Either the printer name was typed incorrectly, or the specified printer has lost its connection to the server'. Can anyone help please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced