Connected, but no internet access!

cobbi69 15:04 21 Jun 08

I've searched many forums to try and halp me with this problem but it would seem that I will have to start my own thread. I have an orange livebox wireless router to which I can connect through a wired connection through my PC and through a wireless connection form my lap top. However, the range of the livebox is not sufficient for every room in my house so I have bought a universal repeater or range extender (Sitecom W-130). I had a few problems setting this up intially but arfter a bit of trial and error, and I forget what I did, I managed to get it up and running. This lasted a few months before something went wrong without my network connection and in order to address it I reset the livebox and the repeater and set them up again (I am pretty sure that the problem was a fault with orange and not with the hardware).

However, though I got most things going again I simply can't get the repeater to work, despite following the instructions in the manual to the letter. The laptop will connect fine to the livebox itself, but when i try to connect through the repeater says it is 'acquiring network address', followed by 'limited or no connectivity'. The fact that the lap top will connect directly to the livebox when in range suggests it can't be the lap top itself, or indeed the livebox. Therefore, something must be going wrong in the connection via the repeater. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I've spent countless hours on this already.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac