Connected with Limited Access, Vista!

jiggerypokery 11:16 20 Mar 08

I am having trouble connecting properly to wireless network on Vista. Have tried a variety of adaptors all with same problem: Connected With Limited Access. I don't know who can help as HP(computer), Netgear, Microsoft and BT (service provider) all say its nothing to do with them. Have tried the Hotfix on Microsoft website but also cannot install it properly. Any Help Plllleeeasse! This has gone on for months and cost a lot of money on IT support.

setecio 12:47 20 Mar 08

If you right click on the properites of the wireless connection and untick IPv6, does it help ?

jiggerypokery 09:26 21 Mar 08

Thanks for the response. I have tried this before with IPv4 and that did'nt work, IPv6 has no affect either.

setecio 11:31 21 Mar 08

In order to identify the problem, have you tried

a) that a wired connection works 100%
b) tried connecting the laptop/PC to another wireless network (or tried a different wireless router)
c) tried connecting another wireless laptop/PC to the current network that you are having difficulties with.

setecio 11:33 21 Mar 08

d) changed the wireles channel
e) diabled all wireless security for 5 minutes and try
f) updated the firmware for the router
g) and hardware reset the router after update

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…