Connected to internet but unable to view pages

vivis 23:39 11 Jan 04

I can see by previous discussions that this is not a new question butI have tried everything except chucking the laptop out of the window! I'm running XP prof on a Tosh Tecra with a Zoom modem, which all seems to be working fine. I've taking out Norton, have unistalled Zonelabs, reinstalled IE6, repaired winsock files with LSP-fix, and I still can't get on the web. Now I'm getting a message saying page not available offline, followed by the dial up box, and still no luck in getting on line. I am beginning to think I'll have to uninstall Windows but can't see how to do this on the install/uninstall options. Can anyone out there help me - please be kind I'm no expert, I just follow advice and learn as I go.

gudgulf 00:15 12 Jan 04

You say you see the dialup box---how far do you get .Does it go as far as verification of your password?

A couple of quick things to try

open internet explorer,then go to tools,internet options,connections and see
if never dial a connection is checked.

also if you do not do this already try to connect by using start,connect to and double clicking you isp icon.
See what happens then.

Apologies if this is a bit simplistic.

By the way you say your modem is ok--how do you know?

vivis 13:23 12 Jan 04

Thanks Gudgulf. I've already done as you suggested but thanks anyway - I suspect I have missed something vital. I have tried my modem on my PC and it works fine there so modem and B/Band both OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…