Connected full pin WiFi but keep on losing internet connection!

BushidoNeedsHelps 09:21 23 Mar 14

My problem here is that my ISP provided me a router and a modem. The wireless range was really short and the signal is weak. I put my router and modem in living room. I live in condominium, and my bedroom is just 7~ 9metres away from router (my laptop should be 11metres away from router). I cant really connect to the WiFi, when it was connected, it has only 2/5 pin and most of the times it will lost connection and my computer cannot detect the WiFi. At this point, i tried connect to the Wifi with my iPhone, it was also nearly the same.

So i bought a new router, which is TP-LINK TL-WR1043ND (click here This time i put this new router just 1metre in front of my bedroom( which means the distance between router and laptop is just about 6 metres). I connected to the WiFi, mostly it is 4/5 pins and full pins. But the problem is even though it shows full pins, sometimes when im surfing the internet, the webpage just cant be loaded, i tried disconnect and reconnect again, sometimes the internet access gain back but sometimes not.

The last thing i have tried is moved my laptop to just 2 metres away from the router ! and the WiFi is full pin and i can surf the web smoothly, no losing internet connection. BUT remember this only happened because my latop is so near to the router.

Could anyone tell me is the router problem ? The TP LINK WR 1043 ND is brand new but why the WiFi signal range is so short and weak ? Someone please solve my problem here :( Losing internet connection could just mean i'll lose my mind all the times ! Please ! :(

alanrwood 13:48 25 Mar 14

Sounds as if you are possibly getting some interference which is causing a drip out. Things like Micrwave ovens and other wireless routers next door etc do this. I would first suggest changing the wireless channel in the router set up and see if that helps.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac