connected but cannot do anything

menorcarob2 11:40 28 Feb 04

hi

i can connect to the internet through a modem and dialup, but i cannot see web pages or send and recieve e-mail, the system is xp pro, with outlook as the e-mail client, i cannot contact the service provider as i am in spain and they do not publish thier telephone number.

thanks

handy4x 12:13 28 Feb 04

sound like your user name and or paswors are not correct also is th internet provider a uk based as some bar international dial up also check your modem setup is correct the settings will be on the help file on the isp set up cd

menorcarob2 12:28 28 Feb 04

the password and user name are correct, and the isp is in spain which is where i am connecting, this has to be something to do with the protocols,
but i dont know what i should use.

thanks

robin

hector 911 14:26 28 Feb 04

do you have any pop-up stopper software on your computer, as this might be affecting your isp & Home page being loaded.

Also clear out your cookies & temp files.

And check your Firewall, make sure it is not preventing your download from isp.

menorcarob2 15:08 28 Feb 04

i tried disabeling some of the lan connections, and disabled the firewall, it then let me see pages and send e-mail.

thanks for your help

robin

Stuartli 15:10 28 Feb 04

Might be worth reading up about Internet Explorer's Security configuration:

click here

Also is the firewall set to allow access to IE, OE etc?

Stuartli 15:12 28 Feb 04

See now you are using Outlook - it's more of a business orientated e-mail program than the simple, but straightforward OE approach.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…