Connect xbox to NTL Broadband

reddawn1 12:26 02 Aug 04

what is the easiest and cheapest way to connect my xbox to my NTL broadband connection. (I do not need to use both at the same time.)

Thanks.

poogles_uk 12:38 02 Aug 04

The easiest way is to plug a cat5 network cable into the xbox theres a port on the back click here and run it too the asdl router. Is your modem rj-45 or usb? Is it a modem + router built into one? Or i think you can plug it into an network router also. And then you need an Xbox Live starter kit.

On the link there is a picture and it is the port on the right hand side. An ethernet RJ-45 cat 5 cable is all that is needed!!

poogles_uk 12:44 02 Aug 04

If you need a router i would reccomend a d-link or a linksys. For D-link the DSL-504T is a modem/router in one. Ebuyer code 59004. Look here - click here= has a list of x-box capable routers. Then look on ebuyer for the same product at a cheaper price :-)

reddawn1 13:49 02 Aug 04

the modem is rj-45 and is connected to my computers ethernet.

Thanks for your help.

poogles_uk 13:53 02 Aug 04

In theory, but dont bank on it, you could plug it straight into the xbox, but id reccommend getting a asdl router, if you already have an rj-45 modem. Then plug the modem into the routerm the router into the computer and the xbox, and it will allow you to share the internet.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…