connect video8 camcorder to pc

krsna 17:18 04 Oct 04

I have xp home on my 1.6g p4 pc & I would like to input my home movies to the pc & burn them to VCD/DVD, what hardware & software do I need.
I can make slideshows of my still photos & burn them to a CD(VCD) using Ulead picture show 2.
Do I need a capature card of some sort or can the USB 1 be used?

easyrider 19:46 04 Oct 04

What connections do you have available on your camcorder

bazb 20:28 04 Oct 04

Hi krsna

you will need a capture card or some other device to convert from Analogue-to-Digital.

You could make your movie using Windows Movie Maker click here, available free.

brambles 20:31 04 Oct 04

click here
Personal computer World Page 67 Novembere 2004 - targeting those with treasured videos carrying dust.

Brambles

krsna 12:22 05 Oct 04

My camcorder has analogue video & audio phono sockects.
Can video signal be connected to a usb?

easyrider 12:27 05 Oct 04

I don't think so, I think you need a capture card as bazb suggested. What graphics card do you have installed?

HondaMan 12:45 05 Oct 04

Hi krsna.

Your local PC World (click here) will have what you need. It is a small unit which plugs into your USB port and has all the connections you will need to effect the transfers. Price about £70 for basic and £140 for the up-market version whic allows you to transfer back onto tape if you wish.

krsna 12:46 05 Oct 04

I have a radeon 9800 graghics card which has a tv out, but I don't think it has a tv in or somthing like that.

easyrider 18:31 24 Dec 04

If resolved please tick

Roadgiant 18:48 24 Dec 04

Quite a few video cards have analogue video input as well as output (you usually have to connect audio in through the PCs sound card.
There are USB capture devices around for a lot less than £70, try a search for:-
V-STREAM DVD MAKER & VIDEO EDITING KIT, somwhere around the £30 pound mark.I havn't used the V-stream device so can't really comment on how good/ bad it is.
I use a Pinnacle DC10 card for capturing and output of video which has been replaced by the Pinnacle Moviebox.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…