Connect a playstation to PC via IE1394 (possible?)

Chegs ® 14:33 21 Apr 04

I have just gained the use of a PS2 to try and use its "online" gaming ability.I have a couple of choices for connectivity...

1)Via the S-Video from PS2 to S-Video connection on back of Graphics Card(but cannot work out how to get the picture from the S-Video socket on GC to display on puter)

2)DV socket on PS2 to IE1394 (I use this method to transfer video from Camcorder)

I could connect the PS2 to my home recorder via scart,as I have a TV card for extra connectivity options.

johnnyrocker 14:47 21 Apr 04

click here;jsessionid.

you will need your dns server details from your isp.

johnny.

Chegs ® 16:25 21 Apr 04

I cannot get the link you provided to work,will see what a google pulls in...

if I can suss what keywords to use. ;-)

johnnyrocker 16:31 21 Apr 04

in that case wwwukplaystation.com sorry about that

johnny.

johnnyrocker 16:32 21 Apr 04

in that case click here sorry about that

johnny.

NGE 16:38 21 Apr 04

just get a router, connect your broadband to your router, connect your pc to your router, and then connect the ethernet adapter(which is also connected to your ps2 mind)to the router and it should all work in harmony. Thats the best way i find to get my ps2 online and it works fine. If you would like to know there are these things called VGA Boxes and it splits your monitor up to display ps2 and computer, they cost about £30.

NGE 16:44 21 Apr 04

Recommend this router click here
If you dont have an ethernet adapter for the ps2 here is one click here This has gone down in price, used to be 24.99. Hope this helps.

Chegs ® 16:57 21 Apr 04

Looks awfully like I need to buy a "Network Adapter" module for the PS2(although the PS2 has a couple of USB sockets,it seems they cannot be used without one)

Chegs ® 16:59 21 Apr 04

Thanks folks.

NGE 16:59 21 Apr 04

yes the online option is only available with a network adapter. The usb sockets are for usb keyboard and eyetoy, things like that.

PUNKA 20:30 21 Apr 04

In Playstation until I saw this thread, so I have twoced my lads ps2, linked it with all this gear, and he cannot get me off it. ha ha, that will teach him to leave my car dirty when he uses it ho. ho. ho .HE Who Laughs Last and all that.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…