Connect to office Pc from home !

Ben capewell 20:49 13 Nov 08

Hi guys, i always seem to get answers of you guys and resolve problems !

Connecting to a pc/network in the office from a pc at home ? (to work in realtime/direct)

So The office has three pc's connected and a Hd drive, (all four ports/lan sockets full) and to what i think is a network ? (is it classed as this)

The phone line comes in to a box ?(router?) and into that is plugged in the three pc's and one hd.

I have been doing the research and googles, and think it is the VPN approach i need to solve this problem, i know there is software like pc anywhere but thats at a price, but the connection would be from one house to the office.

Am i right in thinking i can solve this problem in windows using the new connection wizard, and finding out the ip address of the pc/system i want to connect to, and each pc will have a different ip address or just the complete system.

Any comments please.

The more i research the more i get confused !!ahhh

octal 21:50 13 Nov 08

Yes it is a VPN network, but I think the office will have to have a server connected to the network for it to work. I connect to my companies network like this so that I can upload safety notices onto the server for the other users to view.

oldbeefer2 08:33 14 Nov 08

This one is free - any good? click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…