Connect Monitor to PC

  Hetti 06 Nov 11

I have a PC that has not been set up for a while but need to know what sort of lead I will need to connect Monitor to the PC.It has a VGA (I think thats the name) that goes from back of the PC to the monitor then The only other thing I can see on the back of the monitor is a little round hole like a Jack socket will this be the power supply for the monitor, if so can anyone tell me what the lead is called?

  Hetti 06 Nov 11

Forgot to add the lead I already have (VGA?)is blue with skrews at each side both on the pc connection and the monitor connection.

  onthelimit1 06 Nov 11

Power supply for monitor is usually a mains lead. The other thing you may need is a sound cable if the monitor has built in speakers. The other possibility is that the monitor was designed to use low voltage DC from an adaptor, in which case you need a suitable one. Google the monitor details and see what that comes up with.

  lotvic 06 Nov 11

If the power connection on a monitor looks like the one in the image below. Then a transformer and a kettle lead is required.

ClickHere for webpage with images

  Woolwell 06 Nov 11

Surprised that no one has asked what the brand and model of the monitor is.

  lotvic 06 Nov 11

Woolwell, onthelimit1 has said to google the monitor details, and I have said what the lead is called.


This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Encore creates eerie effects for Spielberg's new TV show The Whispers

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message