Connect laptop

AlexPB 14:39 16 Jun 08

Hi,

My PC at home connects to our wireless network. If i was to run an ethernet cable from my laptop into my PC would I be able to connect in anyway to the PC to use the internet.

Thank you.

AlexPB 14:42 16 Jun 08

Basically, like id plug my laptop into the route and connect straight away i want to do a similar thing with my PC.

Thanks

Halmer 14:56 16 Jun 08

on your router so you should be able to connect direct to your laptop as well as your PC with the cable that came with the laptop.

AlexPB 15:00 16 Jun 08

I can plug my laptop into the router and connect directly to it yes, but as the router is down stairs and my PC is up stairs I was wondering how i can connect using my pc.

My PC connects using the wireless connection but i want to connect my laptop to the 'connected' PC using a cable to enable me to get online on the laptop.

Thanks

Halmer 17:58 16 Jun 08

But why do you need to connect to the PC?

Can you not just use the wireless facility on the laptop or has it not got one? If not you could purchase a wireless adapter for it.

woodchip 18:08 16 Jun 08

You can do this ether with a Wireless PCI Card or USB Dongle

Switcher 18:30 16 Jun 08

You can do what you suggested but the main PC would have to be running to enable you to connect to the internet on the laptop. You would need to select the appropriate option when using the network wizard. i.e This computer connects to the internet via another computer.( Similar to that )

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…