Connect keyboard and mouse

Hetti 20:50 15 Mar 06

I need to connect a corded keyboard and mouse to my 2nd PC and use the wireless keyboard and mouse from this PC for my main PC, can anyone tell me how to proceed, or send a link to a website that will take me through it.
Will I have to unistall the wireless drivers from 2nd PC before connecting keyboard and mouse?
Both PC's are XP home

Hetti 20:56 15 Mar 06

I forgot to say I have tried pluging the cables into the PC but nothing happens, no hardwear wizard and i obviously cannot do anyting as i have no key/mouse

terryf 01:31 16 Mar 06

I have a wireless keyboard and mouse but I have to plug in wired mouse and kbrd when I do an acronis restore cos the wireless drivers aren't there. However XP pro seems to recognise that the wired devices are there and looking in device manager shows both wired and unwired devices. The h'ware wizard does not start up to say 'Found new hardware'. Have you tried plugging them in and re-booting, you may find that they work.

vinnyT 10:17 16 Mar 06

USB devices are hot-plugable, ie. you can plug them in while the pc is turned on and in most cases, they will be recognised.

Serial (mouse and some old modems) and PS2 (keyboards) have to be plugged in while the pc is turned off, otherwise the connections may be damaged.

Hope this helps.

Hetti 12:49 16 Mar 06

Thanks vinnyT and terryf

Tried again and it was all OK, dont know what the prob was but as long as it's ok now.

vinnyT 13:08 17 Mar 06

Welcome

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…