'Connect to' keeps popping up

alexgray104 17:18 07 Aug 05

Whenever I go on my pc 'connect to' window keeps popping up every 5 mins even though I don't want to connect to the internet.This screen is meant to and does come up when I click on Internet Explorer. Is there a way I can restrict this windiow from coming up except for when i double click on Internet Explorer? Thanks in advance for your help -much appreicated.

Diodorus Siculus 17:24 07 Aug 05

Do a spyware check:

click here
CWShredder - Defeat CoolWebSearch - Download CWShredder Free click here
SpywareBlaster click here
click here

Magik ®© 17:36 07 Aug 05

tools >connections>internet options. and tick the box "never dial a connection"

watchful 13:51 08 Aug 05

I recently had this problem after installing 'BBC News Alerts' and the programme was causing it.

In the news alert FAQs is says to tick the box - never dial a connection - as said above, but this did not solve it as I was unable to connect to the internet after doing that, which is logical. My usual setting is - always dial my default connection - which I returned to.

The problem is solved now that I've un-installed the 'BBC News Alert' which I can live without anyway.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…