connect to internet/homepage

Kave 00:07 08 Oct 05

When I connect to the internet I would like to automatically go to my home page. At the moment when I connect nothing happens and I have to manually click IE to open my homepage. Is there any way that when I connect I can automatically go to my homepage

keith-236785 07:19 08 Oct 05

simply double click the internet explorer icon (the big blue E) to launch the internet and browser in one go, you have to have the browser set to connect to the internet (always dial my default connection).

to set your home page in IE, open IE, click tools/internet options and type your homepage in the box (simple tip, have the page you want open and then click "use current", it will set the address for you. saves you typing it in.

good luck

keith-236785 07:25 08 Oct 05

should also have said, you have to remember that setting your IE to connect to your default connection is ok UNTIL you get infected by a dialler, then with auto dialup it could end up costing a lot of money as it will auto dial a premium number (£1 per minute or more) BE WARNED.

if you are on broadband, disregard that as it only applies to dial ups.

when i had Dialup i set it to ask, then i could see what it was going to connect to, safest way i think.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…