Connect to Internet, but cannot download websites

margcoli 02:50 24 Feb 03

Having recently moved house and disconnected from LAN that I shared with son and husband,I now have to connect to ISP with my modem. I connect ok,but cannot download anything. I have checked connections etc. Can anyone help ?

Andsome 08:24 24 Feb 03

When you are on a webpage have you tried clicking FILE, then selecting SAVE AS, and saving to a folder eg My Documents?

margcoli 19:26 24 Feb 03

Unfortunately,I cannot get to a Webpage. I am writing this from my husband's computer.

graham 19:31 24 Feb 03

When you say you connect OK, what do you see?

graham 22:27 24 Feb 03

emails 'My screen tells me I am 'connected to the Internet" and the linked computer icon appears down by the clock. I then click on a website on Favourites or try a www. but immediately up comes the "Unable to find server" error message etc.

Please use the 'Post response' at the bottom to get a wider response.

Have you set up a new account? Could be the ISP sees you as an intruder if it does not recognise your computer.

graham 22:33 24 Feb 03

Email received

'My screen tells me I am 'connected to the Internet" and the linked computer icon appears down by the clock. I then click on a website on Favourites or try a www. but immediately up comes the "Unable to find server" error message etc.

margcoli, please use the 'Post response' at the bottom.

Have you set up your own account with your ISP? It may be seeing you as an intruder.

graham 22:35 24 Feb 03

I'm going for a lie down. So am I.

jazzypop 22:45 24 Feb 03

This could be a DNS settings problem. Which ISP are you trying to connect to?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

iPhone 9 and beyond: 32 amazing future smartphone developments - graphene, supercapacitor…