connect ext cdrw via Sony i.LINK

dimercaprol 01:05 18 Jan 03
  dimercaprol 01:05 18 Jan 03

I have bought a Lacie d2 ext. firewire cd writer which was supplied with a firewire cable. I had not realised that the Sony Vaio has different sort of port and this cable is not fitting it. Can I get another cable and will this drive work with the Sony i.LINK port?

fsssh 03:06 18 Jan 03

yes i think i.link is just sonys way of saying firewire. You can get an adaptor that a 6 pin firewire plug fits in one end of, which has a wee 4 pin ilink plug at the other end to stick in your vaio (i think its 6 and 4 anyway). maybe you can get one of sony, i don't know but i've seen them with an i-Pod so you can connect it to vaios, not sure if it was made by sony or apple tho sorry!

fsssh 03:10 18 Jan 03

if you look in the specs at the bottom of click here you can see a reference to a 6 pin to 4 pin adaptor, so i'm sure they exist, i think you may just have to hunt a little!

temp003 03:27 18 Jan 03

Yes, a 6 pin to 4 pin cable will do (which is the normal cable for laptops). With a 4 pin connector, the device cannot draw power from the computer through the firewire connection and has to be powered up separately.

-pops- 06:48 18 Jan 03

Try here click here item number TJ68Y

Brian

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…