Connect box appears on startup

brambles 15:15 08 Jan 03
  brambles 15:15 08 Jan 03

Using Windows XP I get a connect to dialogue box appears. How do I stop this I only want to see it when I click on my BT dialler icon on the desktop when I want to go on the Internet.

Elrond 16:47 08 Jan 03

Go to start - run - type in msconfig. Then select the startup tab. Is there anything in there related to BTinternet? If so this maybe it. I'd suggest making a restore point. Then go back to msconfig, disable the presumed offending thing and restarting the pc to see what happens.

Fruit Bat 20:25 08 Jan 03

you probably have some software in your start up folder that is set for an auto update. Check which programs are in your startup menu delete those you dont need to start straight away and go with elrond and check using msconfig the programs starting in there. there maybe some spyware program trying to relay infomation back to ad companies download and install a copy of adaware to get rid of spyware.

Eastender 20:33 08 Jan 03

When did this start?

Are you using ZoneAlarm?

greenlamp 21:50 08 Jan 03

I've had exactly the same happen in win98se, finally tracked down that it's related to the use of Zone Alarm, don't seem to be able to get rid of it unless I un-install ZA

noddy 1 21:56 08 Jan 03

If you use Zone Alarm use the older version 3.1.291

Lone Crow 22:21 08 Jan 03

The latest update for ZoneAlarm Pro has fixed this issue. LC.

VoG™ 22:33 08 Jan 03

If you don't have ZoneAlarm click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…