Conncecting Laptop to Television

whosyourdadddddy 19:31 05 Dec 05

I have a laptop and wanted to connect it to my T.V. so I can watch films.
I have bought a VGA to RGB lead and a RGB to scart adaptor to connect to my TV. But this does not work!
Anybody know what I am doing wrong?
Thanks!

woodchip 19:49 05 Dec 05

If you have connected OK then you have to Right click on Desktop\Properties\Settings\Advanced\You should find something in there, mine as one for TV. It depends on your Graphics software on how this displays in the above

whosyourdadddddy 15:47 08 Dec 05

I have two monitors showing up in settings but just get no picture on the television!
Is there any software needed? Or is it even possible to convert VGA to RGB then to SCART?

woodchip 18:01 08 Dec 05

Where you get two monitors is where you choose TV. Plug it in to TV. Then try It may see the TV

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 18:16 08 Dec 05

is it even possible to convert VGA to RGB then to SCART?

No, you need a TV out socket on your graphics card
this is usually a s-video socket you then connect the svideo lead to a scart adapor plus a lead from you sound card to the scart adaptor and plug that into the rear of the TV.

click here

nkosi 21:01 08 Dec 05

Recently connected my laptop to TV using s-video to scart. It wouldn't work until I set up both the laptop to send and the TV to receive. Try this link for some ideas to try click here
This place sells a good range of cables through eBay.

woodchip 21:24 08 Dec 05

I only had to connect S-video

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Xiaomi Mi5s review: The Xiaomi flagship that could replace your Samsung, LG, HTC or Apple phone

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Mental Canvas is a brand new drawing app that's quite unlike any other

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's super-expensive new…