conime.exe??

BeForU 06:24 03 Mar 05

Hello. It seems that I have the above named file located in the C:\WINDOWS\system32 directory. From information that I could find, this is apparently a serious trojan,
br>
"conime.exe is a process which is registered as the BFGhost 1.0 Remote administration backdoor tool. This backdoor application can allow attackers to access your computer, stealing passwords and personal data. It is a registered security risk and should be removed immediately."
br>
Now I'm very confused here as I've also looked more into this and its the 'Microsoft Console IME'. Alot of websites say that this file is a serious trojan and should be removed immediately, but then a couple say that it is safe. I'm just concerned about this file since sometimes I find it occasionally running in the background when I go into Task Manager, and I get very paranoid with certain processes I'm not fimiliar with normally.
br>
Adaware, SpybotSD & my Norton Antivirus 2005 never seems to pick this file up everytime I do a scan, so can I say that it is perfectly safe? If not, how do I get rid of it permantly?

User-312386 06:56 03 Mar 05

is also a system file

If you type start>search and look for it you will see it in i386 files as well as service pack files

I don't think you have a virus here

Jeffers22 09:00 03 Mar 05

If you are in doubt, check your file size, version, date etc against this click here If they are the same, then you need not worry.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…