Confusing Email problem

loser7 18:49 27 Apr 08

I have received two emails since january from my sisters email address, that she did not send to me. She is the only person with access to her emails and was on holiday when they were sent.
The emails are advertising wholesale electrical companys and were sent to everybody in her address book.
click here
This is the link on the latest one but the link on the first email has expired and the page can not be found.
My sisters pc is protected and free of malware and virus' but that is not to say she has not used another pc to activate email. Is this a serious problem and what can she do about it?
Thanks for any advise.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:10 27 Apr 08

My sisters pc is protected and free of malware and virus

What are you scanning with? It certainly looks as if someone is using haer machine as a "bot".

loser7 19:15 27 Apr 08

AVG, Superanti-spyware, Ad-Aware and Ccleaner... Should i try another antivirus/spyware program?

tullie 19:25 27 Apr 08

I think the problem is at your sisters end,you scanning wont pick up anything.

loser7 19:30 27 Apr 08

Should i try another program on my sisters pc?

colinb1604 19:34 27 Apr 08

Malwarebytes Anti-malware sometimes picks up stuff the others miss

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 19:34 27 Apr 08

If thats her protection than is very good.
I doubt if she has a problem on her machine looks as if someone has cloned her email address, not sure how they got her address book.

loser7 19:41 27 Apr 08

Does this mean they can access her emails aswell? She uses paypal and online banking.

tullie 20:33 27 Apr 08

She wont use emails for paypal or banking,just make sure they are secure sites.

jack 20:37 27 Apr 08

Receive, then pass on the Round Robins that come around with whole tranches of addresses to harvest?
This type of thing is fertile ground for these people.

loser7 21:27 27 Apr 08

I dont think she would bother with those sort of emails but i will find out. I never understood until now why those emails asked you to forward on to 10/20 people for luck etc..

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac