confused with winzip and a download

2CV6 10:39 11 Sep 03

Hi, my dad recently had my computer upgraded to millenium and increased the memory to 128. Now my printer will not work and it seems the driver has gone.The driver disc has been lost so I downloaded a driver from the net and also downloaded Winzip. Both of these items are on the desktop but I dont know what to do next to get the driver installed. The printer is an epson stylus color 660. I can't afford a new printer so would appreciate your help to get mine going again. Thanks, aislinn.

Lozzy 10:46 11 Sep 03

Double click the icon on the desktop if Win Zip opens, highlight all the files then click on Extract and navigate to your temp folder. Then go to the Temp folder and double click setup. If Win zip dose not open and you see Set-Up double click it.

Now of you don't see setup and there is an INF extension file go to Device Manager then Printer and click on Update Printer Driver and follow the wizard navigating when requested to the file saved on your desktop.

scooby43 10:48 11 Sep 03

no need to panic WinZip is a zip utility which compress things to make them smaller OK is your driver showing a little zipped icon next to your drive if so all you need to do make a new folder and then right click on your driver that you have downloaded the next thing go to extract alll then navigate to where your new folder you created and press extract then from there you can go back to your folder and install the driver.

scooby43 10:48 11 Sep 03

ohwell beaten again:(

2CV6 14:02 11 Sep 03

Hi, thanxs for your comments.The routines you mention have lost me. However, I did get to device manager and windows has something to install the best driver for my printer. Went through all this and end up with an error or time out error trying to connect to the printer port. There is ink in the printer. Can you fathom this out. The epson is the default printer and has an epson drive.2cv6.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…