confused - please help?

dozyclover 15:46 30 Nov 06

I voluntarily maintain a church website. Once a year they have a music festival and sell tickets for concerts, with all profits from concerts and events going back into it.
The group that run it has a bank account and they have asked me about the possibility of selling tickets online. I am not part of the music group and do not have access (or want access) to their finances. I have had a look at the various options offered by paypal but how do I set any of the paypal accounts up if I only need access to maintain the site, not take money or send out tickets? Paypal only answer "set" queries not individual ones so I would get an automated answer probably referring back to the info on their site.
Many Thanks for any clear guidance!

matto 16:09 30 Nov 06

Hi, Dozy -

Do you have a link to the existing site?

Paypal is probably the best way to go - look at their site under support. It provides instructions how to link directly to their payment processing facility.

You'll need to set up and verify an account on behalf of the organisation.

Unless you are selling many varieties of tickets for multiple events, it's unlikely you'll need anything more sophisticated. The PayPal solution is independent of their current site although you can benefit from a dedicated page explaining what is about to happen.

You will incur charges though - so build in that extra to the ticket price.

matto (click here)

matto 16:23 30 Nov 06

This is the solution you probably need :

click here

And this is the tech information you will need to link from their site:

click here

You'll need their bank account details to create the account.

matto

PurplePenny 21:59 30 Nov 06

You could get the music group to set up the PayPal acount so that only they would have to deal with any confidential data that they require. Then they only need to give you whatever information you need to setup the PayPal payment buttons on the web site.

dozyclover 10:54 01 Dec 06

Thanks so much for your help folks. Much appreciated.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…