Conflict with Norton AntiVirus???

003 16:50 21 May 04

Can someone please help me?? I am using Windows 98 SE. Yesterday I downloaded my emails in Outlook Express then performed a Live Update for Norton Antivirus. When I disconnected from the net I noticed one of my folders in OE had vanished. I opened Go Back to revert my hard drive but there was no safe point to revert to???

I uninstalled Norton System Works and received a message saying there was a Virus-like activity and the application C:\COMF.COM was attempting to write to the master book record of Drive C. When I re-installed it I was unable to connect to the Internet.

Running a virus scan on my PC showed no infected files.
Running Disc Doctor said in the Directory Structure (where one fault was found) it keeps restarting due to “disc write”?

I tried running a virus scan on Zone Labs which I downloaded last week and received a msg saying that my Boot Record had changed which is acceptable in some circumstances but not others and that it was possible that an unknown virus may have infected my system?

Can anyone make any sense out of the above please? I certainly hope so because I’m going round in circles!

MAT Hannah

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…