Conflict - graphics card two monitors and NERO 5.5

Laser157 17:34 28 May 04

I have a Gainward GeForce 2 MX400 twin view graphics card. I use it with 2 crt monitors. Since installing NERO 5.5 for CD recording I have found that if the second monitor is on, an error message appears on launching NERO. This says that NERO has caused an error in file NVDSP.drv. I hope I have remembered that right. Anyway it's the dispaly driver. If the second monitor is disabled there is no problem. Has anyone any idea what may be causing this?

System is AMD AthlonXP 1500+ / Gigabyte GA7-ZXE MOBO / Windows ME

AndySD 17:43 28 May 04

Upgrade the Drivers click here the new ones are the best I have yet used with two monitors

AndySD 17:45 28 May 04

Forgot to mention Before installing the new drivers go to Add/Remove programs and remove the old ones.

Laser157 18:46 28 May 04

Thanks for the response AndySD. I've installed the drivers/software and it has solved the NERO problem. However I now have a lot of errors on shutdown - maybe half a dozen. I uninstalled both the Display driver and the WDM drivers before installing the Forceware. I'm not sure whether the WDM drivers are included in the new software.

Any thought on the shutdown errors? I will list the files if this helps. I made a restore point before doing all this, so could go back.

Laser157 19:11 28 May 04

The files giving error messages on shutdown are:

Rundll32
Mtask
Hidserv
Osa
Loadqm
Systray
Taskmon
Stmgr
Stmon
Avgserv9
Vsmon

I really like the new driver/software so would be sorry to have to restore to the older ones.

Laser157 19:19 28 May 04

A bit more info:

The files above are all related to the start-up list. On running msconfig / start up and then closing it, Windows gives an error and I have to reboot. This did not happen before.

Laser157 22:45 28 May 04

For the record, I have resolved this.

Deleted all items from start up list - shutdown OK
Reinstated most of the ones I wanted to keep - shutdown failed again
Took out the Invidia ones: NvCplDaemon nwiz and NvMediacenter -shutdown OK.
Put them back one by one and each time shutdown OK even with all three reinstated!

Computers never fail to amaze me.

Worth the effort - the new software is good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…