Conflict between Avast, Zone Alarm and Firefox

Buchan 35 22:01 21 Apr 05

Is there any known conflict between these? I keep getting pop-up style warnings that one is trying to join the internet and despite clicking `allow this` it keeps on happening. I also click the `remember this` part as well. If there is any known conflict could some kind person point me in the direction of a quieter life? Thanks in advance.

stalion 22:08 21 Apr 05

probably zone alarm causing the problem have you got the latest version?

aca 22:08 21 Apr 05

Unsure whether conflict. Did run the 3 together for a while and found ZA a bit "cluncky".

Now have Avast(Excellent), with Firefox and Sygate Personal Free Firewall. All getting on very well and touch wood no infections.

Buchan 35 22:18 21 Apr 05

Thanks stalion and aca, you both confirmed that little inkling in the back of the mind. I`ll sort ZA out. Pity it`s good!!

Buchan 35 22:22 21 Apr 05

sorry, yes I have. In the last minute or two I`ve thought of leaving it overnight and waiting to see what happens then.If the worst comes to the worst I`ll offload it and download either Sygate or Kerio.

Belatucadrus 22:25 21 Apr 05

According to the avast forum, there is an issue click here though this is the first time I've heard of it and the description doesn't appear to fit your problem.
My personal preference is Kerio click here

Buchan 35 18:45 22 Apr 05

Thanks for that, it does fit my problem, so maybe when I post something I should describe it better

Technotiger 19:08 22 Apr 05

Hi mate - I had similar problem with ZA - changed to Kerio (also free) though you do get the first 30days trial of the full product, which reverts to the free version at the end of the trial period, no problems since.

Cheers.

Technotiger 19:09 22 Apr 05

Ooops - sorry Buchan 35 .......

:-))

Buchan 35 22:21 22 Apr 05

That last glass of red has a lot to answer for. I`m on my first right now. `Night mate.

Buchan 35 22:24 22 Apr 05

To all who helped here I`ve installed Kerio, and so far no problems. Thanks for the help.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…