Configuring Outlook 2000 to access stored email

AndrosTeN 08:43 24 Sep 03

I have a home network and I want to configure Outlook, on my Desktop, to access my stored messages in Outlook Xpress on my laptop. This is not a case of just exporting them from one to the other. Rather I want to continue to use Outlook Express on my laptop as the storage for both. In this way I can access my complete email whether using either machine, or at home or away. It would be so easy if OE allowed you to select a storage folder for your messages from amongst your network drives, but it doesn't.

My thanks in anticipation.

Andy

kinger 11:04 24 Sep 03

Make sure the folder that you store your messages in is enabled to be shared.

From your laptop simply 'import' the emails from this folder (.pst file) electing not to overwrite or cause duplicates.

Also opt to keep messages on server until you are sure that you'll not want them anymore for either PC. Although you would need to access your email on the web to delete them eventually.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Google Allo? What is Google Duo? Google Allo UK release date and features: Google Allo is…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…