Configuring Netgear Router/Modem.

Meshuga 17:09 07 Jun 04

I am trying to install a Netgear DG834 ADSL router/Modem to my pc . I have done all the connections as shown in the installation guide and have got as far as the section which says "connect to the router by typing click here in the address bar of internet explorer.Then enter username and password".
How can I open internet explorer to do this when I cannot get on to the internet until it`s done
It`s a vicious circle. Can someone enlighten me please.Meshuga.

AndySD 17:24 07 Jun 04

Go control panel internet options then connections

and tick never dial

Start internet explorer and type in

not http

Meshuga 17:58 07 Jun 04

Many thanks,will try tis tomorrow as the problem is on another pc which I cant access till then. will leave this run for a while. Regards,Meshuga.

johnsims 22:35 07 Jun 04

No need to leave it run. The reply you had is all you need to succeed.

Meshuga 07:42 08 Jun 04

Many thanks AndySD, have done as U suggested and now ok. Thanks also to johnsims. Only reason for leaving it running was that people sometimes come up with alternative methods of doing things which I like to record. Am showing it as resolved. Regards to both. Meshuga.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…