Configuring FontView.exe

Pesala 21:53 11 Aug 03

Is this possible? Every time I use Fontview it opens a small window. I want it to open in fullscreen mode. I have other Font Viewers, but Fontview.exe is handy for a quick look.

Pesala 08:44 12 Aug 03

^

Jester2K II 08:46 12 Aug 03

Right click the icon and select Properties. Change Run to Maximised.

Pesala 08:59 12 Aug 03

I don't have a shortcut to Font View, but open TTF files from Windows Explorer. I created a shortcut icon on the desktop, and changed the properties as you suggested. It opens maximized, but not surprisingly shows the above error message.

It looks as if some registry hack is needed.

Jester2K II 09:05 12 Aug 03

Where did you get FontView from??

Does FontView have the three top right buttons? Minimise, Maximise / Restore and Close (X)??

Pesala 09:10 12 Aug 03

Fontview.exe is the default application provided with Windows 9x for viewing font files. It has the usual three buttons. One can also double-click on the titlebar after opening it, but that is one stage too many if you spend a lot of time viewing fonts.

I have the Font Thing, and no doubt there are other viewers too, such as the Shareware Program, Fontview, but Fontview.exe is just the bare bones, which is probably the most suitable solution here.

You can compare it with viewing txt files in Notepad. You can resize or maximize the Notepad window every time you open a text file, but wouldn't it be better if it remembered the previous setting?

Pesala 09:13 01 Sep 03

I just want to view my Truetype fonts from Windows Explorer, but in full-screen mode with one double-click.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…