Configuring email on client computer

Alf58 19:42 04 Aug 03

I've got two computers networked together: Xp as host and ME as client. The Me machine acesses the internet through the Xp machine and file sharing works ok. What I would like to do is to configure the ME machine to receive email. Currently the XP machine receives all email via Outlook Express and the ME machine does not seem to receive any even though it has Outlook Express up and running because it was the primary machine before I bought the XP. The ME machine is in my daughter's room and she would like to have her own email address and receive email independently of the xp if possible.
Maybe someone has a nice link to a website that deals with these issues?

Forum Editor 19:48 04 Aug 03

is set up the mail account for your email on one machine, and an account for your daughter's mail on the other one.

It really is as simple as that, and you can set up the accounts by going to Tools and selecting 'accounts'. Click on the 'Mail' tab and set up the appropriate account.

Forum Editor 19:52 04 Aug 03

that for both of you to be able to send outbound email you'll have to insert the same smtp server address (for instance - and this of course should be that of the ISP that you use to connect the WinXP machine.

Alf58 20:55 04 Aug 03

Thanks for the advice. I'll give it a try in the morning.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to watch Surface PC live stream | Surface PC release date, price, spec rumours: All-in-one…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…