Configuring a BT Voyage modem

collinsc 11:34 25 Aug 07

Im trying to go wireless- so need a ethernet modem ( i assume i cant do it on my current sagem one). When i unplug the sagem and plug in the voyager i get this message:

"error connecting to tiscali broadband
error 633: the modem (or other connecting device) is already in use or is not configured properly"

What do i need to do?

Taff™ 11:44 25 Aug 07

Go into the routers set up pages and enter your ISP details. (Username & Password) Try opening IE and type 192.168.1.1 into the address bar.

collinsc 11:50 25 Aug 07

routers set up pages- where is that!?

Taff™ 12:09 25 Aug 07

The last sentence of my post I hope!

collinsc 12:16 25 Aug 07

just typed: 192.168.1.1 into the address bar and it comes up with a google search page

Taff™ 12:29 25 Aug 07

So you are connected to the internet then? How are you connected to the Voyager?

VoG II 12:30 25 Aug 07
  collinsc 12:34 25 Aug 07

sorry taff- im a fool.

i was typing that in whilst on the sagem!
so i disconnect the sagem- plug in the bt voyager-
type in those numbers into a browser and then it will ask for isp details (which i dont know!- how do i find out) and then it should connect to the net on th bt voyager?

vog- ill check that link too.

collinsc 12:38 25 Aug 07

actually... say it doesnt work and i want to go back to the sagem modem- do i have to retype something in then...!?

Taff™ 12:45 25 Aug 07

The ISP settings are stored in the router and they will have been given to you by Tiscali. Once they are entered into each router you can use either. By going to the Voyagers configuration page you will get to a log in page which requires you to log in using the router security log in (Not the ISP details) Then you go to the WAN details and enter the Tiscali information.

Post back the Voyager model details and we`ll see if we can find a manual for you.

collinsc 12:51 25 Aug 07

when you say router- you mean modem yes?

ah- so what is the router security log in details?

bt voyager 205 ADSL Router

thanks v much taff

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…