configure outlook express to laptop

orihuela 11:41 02 Dec 07

I have a desktop pc windows xp with both BT/Yahoo and Outlook Express e-mail options configured. They both work fine.

I now have a new laptop windows xp which is configured wirelessly but I cant get the e mail to work. I have tried configuring the settings/addresses with BT/Yahoo wizard and manually on Outlook Express without much luck. The laptop will work now and again but it disables my desktop pc upstairs. When I fix the desktop the laptop is rubbish.

How do I send/receive e mails from both machines?

BurrWalnut 14:55 02 Dec 07

You say “The laptop will work now and again but it disables my desktop pc upstairs“, are you talking about email being disabled or the whole PC gets disabled?

…and this “When I fix the desktop the laptop is rubbish.”, what do you mean by fix and rubbish?

If you’re trying to receive email on both PCs it's a simple procedure if your ISP allows mail to be left on their server:-

First of all set up OE on all machines. If you want to view existing mail, copy the INBOX.DBX files to the other PC, then :-
1. On both PCs :-
Open Outlook Express > Tools, Accounts > Mail [mail account(s)] > Properties > Advanced > Delivery and put a check in ‘Leave a copy of messages on server‘.

2. On one PC :-
Open Outlook Express > Tools > Accounts > Mail [mail account(s)] > Properties > Advanced > Delivery and select ‘Remove from server after XX days’ (choose as appropriate)

3. Optional on one PC (if you delete mail when closing OE) :-
Open Outlook Express > Tools, Accounts > Mail [mail account(s)] > Properties > Advanced > Delivery and put a check in ‘Remove from server when deleted from Deleted Items.

4. Send an email to yourself to check that it's working on both machines.

p;3 15:26 02 Dec 07

have you seen and followed this yet on each machine

click here

orihuela 16:25 03 Dec 07

thanks - OK now

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…