configure Firefox to remember passwords

morris948 09:22 05 Apr 08

Hi
Firefox always asks me if i want to remember passwords, i like this function, but wonder if it can be configured to remember the password after i have opened the application.
This is because i cant be sure if the password i entered is correct or not.
Then i have saved an incorrect password.

Is it possible do configure it this way?

johndrew 10:21 05 Apr 08

To the best of my knowledge the only way to do this is to enter your details and make a note of them and select `Not this time`; exit the site and re-enter by typing your details carefully again and selecting `Remember`. That way you can validate your details the first time and save them the second.

If you do want to edit details you can do this in `Documents and Settings/YOU/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/****.default/signons2`. However it is encrypted so the editing will necessarily take the form of deleting the details for the specific site. The next time you enter the site you will be asked if you want to save your details.

anniesboy 10:26 05 Apr 08

I believe the soon be released version of Firefox will have the configuration that you seek,maybe someone who is using the beta version can advise

anniesboy 10:34 05 Apr 08

If you use the add on "secure login" you can view passwords to check what you are using

morris948 11:44 05 Apr 08

Thanks for your responses, if the beta version you believe has this change to it, then this is good.

it has always struck me as odd to have the browser ask you to remember your password before you enter the site, if your not sure you made a typing error or mistake.

Stuartli 11:57 05 Apr 08

You can always delete any incorrect Username and/or passwords from Tools>Options>Security tab>Show Passwords.

You can also choose a Master password.

Technotiger 12:12 05 Apr 08

To find all your Passwords, click here run this and click on Configuration then click on the two Keys icon.

'Tis a very useful tool to have anyway.

morris948 16:43 05 Apr 08

Thanks for all your replies, you have provided some useful information to look through.

Sea Urchin 17:29 05 Apr 08

I can confirm that the beta version asks if you want Firefox to remember the password once you are successfully logged in.

morris948 20:10 05 Apr 08

thank you Sea Urchin, my wish has come true:-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

New Corel ParticleShop plugin now available: 11 new brushes & 6 new brush packs

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…