Configuration of Speedtouch 576

jayatissa 15:54 24 Oct 08

I got a speedtouch 576 router from a frien who lived in UK. I am trying to get its configurations changed so as to use in Sri Lanka for Sri Lanka Telecom ADSL service. The connection can not established giving "user not permitted" message. I think this is due to the locked Administrator password. My friend has not got its password and he used it for a AOL connection in UK. I am seeking assistance form those who has the experience in handling a similar problem. If any one can help me to break the password or reset it I would be much appreciated. Pl. write to [email protected] if you have a suggestion to overcome this. I'm Jayatissa Herath, Sri Lanka.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:16 24 Oct 08

1. NEVER post your email in an open forum you will be spammed to death.

2. to rest the router to default
1. Begin with the unit powered off via the power switch at the back depressed.

2. Get a pin or a pen with a long enough nose to reach the reset button and hold it in.

3. Continue holding your pin or... on the reset button and do not release it. Power the unit on by pressing the power button into the "on" state.

4. Hold the reset button in for around 15 seconds. The power and Ethernet light should flash between red and green.

the default settings are

login: Administrator
Password: Just leave it blank (- yes its as simple as that!)

jayatissa 16:27 24 Oct 08

Dear Fruit Bat,
I tried it once. I could change the service providers details by doing it. But the Administrators username and password did not work. It did not accepted the username you suggested with blank password. Thank you for your great advice. Like to have any mor options please.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 16:52 24 Oct 08
  jayatissa 17:01 24 Oct 08

I think the password has been changed by AOL before giving it to my friend. That is why we can not go back to its default Admin password. I will try again to do as you suggested and let you know the results. My first attemopt did not resolved this particular problem. The service providers name should be selected from two options that is BT and Kinston. In my case shouldn't I need to change it to SLT (Sri Lanka Telecom). Thanks for the manual.

Fruit Bat /\0/\ 17:14 24 Oct 08
  jayatissa 18:37 24 Oct 08

Dear Fruit Bat,
I tried it again following the instructions manual by going through command prompt too. But in all cases the Username and Passwords are not accepted. Therefore I could not go ahead pasing that step. What esle could I try. Please help me.

jayatissa 21:18 24 Oct 08

Dear Fruit Bat,
I managed to changed the Username and password to defoult settings. And entered my Usernamen and pw of the broad band connection given by SLT (service provider in Sri Lanka. Now the problem is entering Default gateway and DNS server addresses. I can not find the place. I can not find the parantal settings pages. I will try it again refering the pages of the manual and let you know the results. Thanks.

jayatissa 09:27 26 Oct 08

Dear Fruit Bat,
Thank you for your immense support. When using your instruction halfway through I received a software update from the Speedtouch - Manufacturere, Thompson. So that I could updated the software of the router. Now my problem is resolved and I can access through internet using the Speedtouch 576 router. Thank you again for your contributions. Jayatissa - Sri Lanka

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5