Config.sys file mising or corrupt message on XP

bamfiesler 10:10 05 May 03

Helping out a friend here.Sony Viao on boot up displays 'config sys file missing or corrupt'. Unable to progress past this. As far as I know this is a new machine and no Restore Point has been created. Any ideas?

hugh-265156 10:18 05 May 03

click here if its only new bring it back

-pops- 10:29 05 May 03

If the machine is new, take it back. You, or your friend, are entitled to have a machine that works. It is not your responsibility to mess around getting it to work.

Brian

beeuuem 13:16 05 May 03

I had this problem click here
Following the instructions from
click here I was able to talk a novice through the procedure and it cured the problem.
Although it looks daunting, well it did to me, going very carefully step by step (and relaying the information by 'phone) it took about ten minutes.

hugh-265156 13:18 05 May 03

a new machine should work properly bring it back.

beeuuem 13:29 05 May 03

Your course of action depends on whether you feel able to try the above and how convenient it is to return the laptop. That said, -pops- is quite correct in saying that the machine should be returned if new.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Hands-on with the Star Wars fighting drones you can fly yourself

15 macOS Sierra tips | How to use macOS Sierra: Secret tricks and best new features in Apple's new…