conexant modem - help!!

dreamer50 22:06 13 Feb 04

l reformatted my friends comp a while ago and the driver xp puts on for her modem doesnt work,so i downloaded the correct driver..all works well except for the fact that when she gets online the modem still makes some kind of noise the whole time she is online...does anyone have any ideas? Ive tried a different driver but no use. It's a conexant hcf 56k

Strawballs 22:13 13 Feb 04

Can't understand that just put the same one in a friends machine running xp, it detected it installed it's own drivers works fine.
could be that the modem is on it's way out.

dreamer50 22:18 13 Feb 04

hmmm strange that. It works ok with 98se,no noises or anything and the comp itself is only about 2/3 years old..never thought of the modem being on its way out!! Thanks :)

Strawballs 22:21 13 Feb 04

Might just be a coinsidance that it went at the same time as xp install

Eric10 22:21 13 Feb 04

I agree with Strawballs. XP put the driver in for me too but since a new 56k modem with XP drivers is under a tenner then is it worth messing about with?

dreamer50 22:25 13 Feb 04

ok,so you guys reckon she needs a new modem then?..any advice on the best one to get and where to go for it?
Cheers

Strawballs 22:28 13 Feb 04

new conexant should be alright online novatech in a shop depends where you live.

dreamer50 22:30 13 Feb 04

ok,ty strawballs,l'll break the news to her tomorrow lol

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…