Conection keeps dropping

ukhomerj2003 20:51 24 Mar 06

I have a wirelss broadband connection using a Netgear wirelss router.

The connection keeps dropping with no error message. This happened when i had a USB modem and on my old pc. Now i have a new pc and new wirelss router same problem.

ANy suggestion splease

Kev.Ifty 00:54 25 Mar 06

Just a suggestion.. Make sure the 'Disconnect If Idle for' is not ticked.

In IE... TOOLS/Internet Options/Connections tab. Go to the Settings button. Then the Advanced button.

Fingers crossed ;-)

ukhomerj2003 08:17 25 Mar 06

the boxes are unticked and it drops when i am using the connection , it freezes the system for a few seconds, then drops the call and re-connects automatically

Graham ® 08:54 25 Mar 06

Common causes of Broadband disconnections:

The USB modem may not be getting sufficient power, or the power is being reduced by another device on the same Hub. View this Microsoft article click here

The computer may be configured to turn off the modem to save power. In Device Manager, find the modem. It may be under Network Adapters. Select Action, Properties, Power Management. Do a similar check on any Routers you are using .
Phone extension cabling may be prone to induced interference from mains wiring. If necessary, run a temporary extension lead to rule this out.

Radio interference from cordless, including DECT, telephones. Turn them all off and disconnect, to check this one.

Radio interference from taxis, CBs, neon lights, streetlights, etc. If one of these is suspected, BT can fit a suppressor to the incoming line.

There may be a clue in Event Viewer. Start > right click My Computer > Manage > Event Viewer > System > Select an Event > Action > Properties. You can send the data to Microsoft for more detailed information.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Gear VR vs. Daydream: Which delivers the best VR experience?

Best Mac antivirus 2017