conecting TFT monitor to my lap top

golfpro 08:55 21 Mar 09

I have an LG Flatron L2010B monitor which is connected to my PC which has gone south (it keeps doing this every couple of weeks and then starts again). I would like to connect this to my lap top but it only has the large computer plug connected to the back of my PC and not a USB. Are there any connectors which I could use on the end of the cable, or would I be better off just buying a new large 22" monitor with a USB conection.

golfpro 08:59 21 Mar 09

Sorry that should read LCD and NOT TFT

Taff™ 09:07 21 Mar 09

I don`t think Monitors work through USB ports! Most laptops have one female VGA connector and the monitor usually has the corresponding one. Unplug the monitor from the other PC and have a closer look.

golfpro 14:21 21 Mar 09

Yes but the VGA connector on my lap top is smaller than the one on my PC for this monitor.

tullie 14:34 21 Mar 09

I thought they were standard size?

Taff™ 14:41 21 Mar 09

You must have a Sony or Apple Laptop. click here There is a Mini-VGA Tullie. Just need to find and adapter for you.

Taff™ 14:52 21 Mar 09

Perhaps you`d better check if its a mini VGA or a mini DVI port. click here

Taff™ 15:06 21 Mar 09

This might do it for the VGA port click here Can`t see a reason why it shouldn`t work on a Sony either. Off to watch the Rugby - There`s a warm up match at Twickers before the Welsh attempt to break Irish hearts again.

ambra4 15:25 21 Mar 09

Apple Mini-VGA to VGA Display Adapter M8639G/A

click here

golfpro 03:58 22 Mar 09

My lap top is an Acer travel mate and there isn't a VGA slot on it that coresponds to the size of the plug on my monitor.

Taff™ 09:32 22 Mar 09

Let`s establish what connector is on the LCD screen - can you describe it or does it look like this click here (DVI)

Can you tell us the exact model numbers of Travelmate and the LCD screen please.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

An overview: What leading creative agencies are doing to improve diversity

New iPad, iPhone SE & Red iPhone 7 on sale now