Conecting other equipment

  eljanno 17:24 31 Dec 04

Hi Guy's
I have a Kenwood minidisc recorder/player, which I never use. Could anyone tell me if its possible to connect it to my computer, and if so how do I go about it.

  Sealer 17:40 31 Dec 04

You should be able to use your sound card. Use headphone out socket on your kenwood, to line in on your PC. Also if you want to record onto mini disk, use the speaker out on your PC to line in on your kenwood.

  Sealer 17:41 31 Dec 04

The cables are usually easy to come by. Male plug on both ends.

  eljanno 18:32 31 Dec 04

Thanks for that, but what do the cables look like, I am no good at this, sorry

  Technotiger 19:12 31 Dec 04

Hi, you could use several types of cable - coax and/or analogue also digital mini-jack. Have you got a users Manual - if not, go to click here this will give you all the information you need. You could, if you wish, download a Users Manual from that site.

Happy New Year.

  Sealer 19:49 01 Jan 05

Thats right Technotiger. they are the same plugs you have on you pc speakers/headphones & microphone. But male both ends :-}

  eljanno 11:10 02 Jan 05

Thanks guy's but having looked at the back of the mini disk player it apears to have no headphone socket just audio (red & white) and an optiacl thin black cable. At the moment its conected thorough my hi-fi.

  Technotiger 12:09 02 Jan 05

Hi again, I have had a close look at your Kenwood minidisc, I can see there is no headphone socket. The audio sockets on the back are known as RCA Audio - very common, on just about all audio products. What hifi have you got? You might be able to connect to your soundcard in pc via your hifi as your minidisc is already connected to hifi, (I have my tv/vcr/hifi all connected to my soundcard via my hifi).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This poetic animation about monsters is illustrated in a Van Gogh painterly style

Apple predictions 2017