Conecting a mobile phone to my puter

Migwell 23:09 11 Jan 05

I have a Nokia 6100 phone and have bought a cable for conecting one to the other, for backing up numbers etc.

I have installed the disk that came with the phone and then tried to conect all I get is that when the phone cable is pluged into the USB is phone is not conected and in device manager is unknown device.

Where have I gone wrong can anyone help. The book that came with the phone is not a lot of help.

It also said that I could conect by infered, how do I do that.

ton 00:57 12 Jan 05

Try removing it from device manager, then restart the PC with the phone switched on.

If there is a setting on the phone for cable connecting, make sure that is set right.

john-232317 08:52 12 Jan 05

Have you got the right cable ? click here

keith-236785 10:01 12 Jan 05

to use infra red you woiuld need an IR adapter on your pc (if you have a laptop you may already have this).

with mine, i needed a usb cable and the relevent software, (motorola v220) the software was motorola mobile phone tools, dont know if you have similar on the cd or if it just the usb driver.

sorry, no real answer from me on this

just try uninstalling the software, unplug the phone.....put cd back in and wait for autorun. then try again

if there is a readme or manual on the cd take a good look at it, it might help.

good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…