Conect two computors to ntl broadband

gkford 07:56 30 Oct 03

My pc is connected to ntl broadband, runs xp home. I have now purchased a laptop on xp pro and would like to use the internet using the same ntl connection. My thoughts are to simply swap the usb cable on to the laptop but can I do this or should I network the two . The laptop has a built in ethernet card. I would welcome any advice and sujestions.

Micken 08:36 30 Oct 03

I have ntl broadband from a set top box, with 2 desktops and a laptop networked through a switched hub. As far as I'm aware you can't simply switch the usb onto the laptop since you register and initialise a computer to the broadband connection. You would have to do this each time you swap over. A chore to say the least! If the desktop has a network card all you need is a crossover lead to connect the two.

If you don't have said network card right now you could consider doing the whole thing using wireless networking.

Good luck ;-)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iOS 10 troubleshooting tips: Simple fixes for the most common iOS 10 problems, from network…