Concatenate files

johnincrete 08:53 27 Feb 09

I had an audio file (speeking not music)over 70 minutes long that I split up into 4 minute bits and then burnt to CD (so it's easy to repeat a small bit). To save space, I deleted the original but now I want it back as one whole piece.
The tracks are in .wav format but I can easily convert to mp3
In Unix it's easy: a + B + c > d. Can I do the same in Windows? I'm using XP Home SP3

canarieslover 18:40 27 Feb 09

I have never joined files before, only split them with Audacity but I can't find any way that it will put them back together. Google comes up with quite a lot of programs that promise to do it, though some are limited shareware. There are some freeware ones too and this is just a sample of them. click here

mocha 07:22 28 Feb 09

Hi johnincrete,

You can join any number of sound files in Audacity, go to File Open and load in your first sound section, then go to File New which opens a new instance of Audacity and load your second sound section, from there you can Copy section two to section one and so on. Audacity is a freeware program and can be found here click here
or click here

johnincrete 16:56 19 Mar 09

Looks like I will have to do it the long way - open the first in Wavepad & then Insert at End each successive file. Tedious!!!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…